Suaréz calls Chiellini

Luis Suarez has reportedly phoned Giorgio Chiellini in a bid to clear the air as the Barcelona striker edges closer to a move to Juventus. The Uruguay international infamously bit the defender on the shoulder during his side's World Cup group-stage game against Italy in Brazil in the year 2014. 

Suarez was not sent off that day as the referee did not see it but was later banned from all  football related activities for four months for that savage attack. Now, the Striker has spoken to Chiellini, who is Juventus captain, as he aims to put the incident behind and move on as potential team-mates, according to La Gazzetta dello Sport. 

Suarez is set to sign a contract worth £9m per year after tax, the same wage he earns at Barcelona, according to reports. Despite the disgraceful nature of Suarez's bite, Chiellini has since shrugged off the incident. He said: 'Suddenly I noticed he had bit my shoulder.

"It just happened, but this is his contact strategy in hand-to-hand combat and, if I may say so, it is mine too, he and I are similar."

"Despite laughably trying to claim that Chiellini had injured his teeth with his shoulder Suarez later took responsibility for his actions. Suarez said: "I admit I was wrong, but I am a human being. Each player has his own style of play, his own character and this got me where I am now."

Juventus are set to bring Suarez on board in a deal worth over £4.4million as Barcelona continue their summer clearout under new boss Ronald Koeman.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gareth's loose hair

Nigerian Senator Owns Up To Sextape

What you need to know about the Lunar eclipse